Every once in a while in my current job I am given the opportunity to soak in some great views from the top of Vancouver’s high rises. Even more rare is the chance to see these sites at night, when the city is at its most beautiful. This week is one of those rare occasions. I’m not saying that I enjoy working at night but it does have its benefits. Take a look.
Truly beautiful, I love Coal Harbour. Now let’s try something new, it’s recipe time!!
Today’s recipe is Creamy Cajun Chicken Linguine, be forewarned, this isn’t health food. I like to make this on a rainy day or when it’s cold out, the heat is a little much for a hot day but you can adjust that to your own taste.
Things you will need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes or small strips.
- 2 ounces of linguine cooked al dente.
- 1/4 cup of Cajun seasoning. http://bbq.about.com/od/rubrecipes/r/bl90515b.htm
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. (not the stuff in a plastic can…) .
Toss chicken and seasoning in a mixing bowl until chicken is coated. In a large pan, preferably a deep frying pan, add the butter and sauté chicken over medium high heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat and add green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and heavy cream. Let simmer until cream starts to thicken and it is heated through. Add to pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
If you like more heat you can add chili powder to the Cajun seasoning, and for the truly adventurous you can add chorizo sausage or shrimp or both. Hope you like it, it’s kind of a Louisiana twist on an Alfredo sauce. Not sure where I found this recipe but it’s awesome.