This is my recipe for Creamy Cajun Chicken and Chorizo Linguine, be forewarned, this isn’t health food. I like to make this on a rainy day or when it’s cold out, the heat is a little much for a hot day but you can adjust that to your own taste.
Things you will need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes or small strips.
- 2 whole Chorizo sausages chopped into small pieces
- 2 ounces of linguine cooked al dente.
- 1/4 cup of Cajun seasoning. http://bbq.about.com/od/rubrecipes/r/bl90515b.htm
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. (not the stuff in a plastic can…) .
Toss chicken and seasoning in a mixing bowl until chicken is coated. In a large pan, preferably a deep frying pan, add the butter and sauté chicken over medium high heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat and add green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and Chorizo and sauté for a few more minutes then add the heavy cream. Let simmer stirring often until cream starts to thicken and it is heated through. Add to pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
If you like more heat you can add chilli powder to the Cajun seasoning. Hope you like it, it’s kind of a Louisiana twist on an Alfredo sauce. Not sure where I found this recipe but it’s awesome.